No windows displaying on OSX Lion

William Knechtel bill at endikos.com
Wed Aug 8 11:37:14 EDT 2012

On Aug 8, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Colin Law wrote:

> On 8 August 2012 16:12, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 7, 2012, at 7:35 PM, William Knechtel <bill at endikos.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys.  I'm running OSX Lion, and trying to run GNUCash, but after the initial splash screen with the progress indicator, no windows will open.  I have a menu bar with menus that update depending on what windows *should* be open.  but no actualy windows displaying. Just to make it wierder, I tried this on a different mac, also running Lion, and it works fine. And, to add yet more intrigue, I used to have a functional GNUCash on this Mac.  I thought that something must be conflicting, so I went through the uninstall procedure here: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_want_to_remove_GnuCash_from_my_Mac._How_do_I_do_it.3F But still no joy. Any ideas?
>
> Have you used the PC with a dual screen setup at some time?  I wonder
> whether the windows are opening on the other (now non-existent)
> screen.
>
> Colin

Colin, this is an interesting angle.  Recently (been a few weeks now) I had to plug an external monitor in.  It's a laptop, but due to the Great Coffee Incident of 2012, the keyboard is now only somewhat functional, and the display has lost it's backlight.  So I'm using a bluetooth keyboard and an external monitor permanently with it now :-(.  While the external display *should* be a perfect mirror of the on-board display, I'm not 100% certain this is the case.  I will have to check it when I get home and ensure this is the case.  I will let you know one way or another what 's up with it when I can get in front of that machine again. Thanks so much!