Cash Based Reports

newtognucash newtognucash at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 19:26:03 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> I total my GST collected, spent and spent-vehicle in three accounts as
> subaccounts of GST.
> I don't fill in those lines on the BAS form which request the totals
> and then ask you to calculate on the form, and after years of
> providing the totals only I haven't received any complaint. When I used
> the electronic thing I used to multiply the amounts by 11 to fill in
> the form, but on the paper form one can omit some lines
> I'm also on cash accounting, but there is not much difference for me
> using accrual figures for GST each quarter.

Thanks for your response, Liz.  I actually do need a report for this,
not simply the figures for the BAS form, so I have ended up doing it
manually.  Thankfully not too big a deal as it's a small business!

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> The business features (Invoicing, etc) work on an accrual basis.  But
> nothing says you have to use them.  If you don't then you can be
> completely cash.  If, however, you DO use the invoice features, then
> yes, you'll need to manually map outstanding invoices to convert from
> Accrual to Cash, and no, GnuCash does not yet have that functionality.

Thanks Derek. I don't think it should be too hard to write create a
report in gnucash for it...if you know what you're doing...but
unfortunately writing reports isn't my forte.  I will be very
interested to know if someone does anything towards it at any point.
For now I'm set doing it manually, so that's fine.

Thank you!

GnuCash Australian User