Subaccount totalling oddity

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Wed Aug 15 01:12:32 EDT 2012

Hi Fred,

at the first glance I would guess that something is your account tree
setup is not as it should (well, it is what it is:  a guess).

I get the impression that the account types are mixed: The child types
(asset) are different to the parent type (expense).
Especially the second part of the description (-32.09) is leading me to
this.

Is the parent a "placeholder" or does it also contain transactions?

Any other items that you specified for the accounts?

Did you change anything in the "Edit->Preferences" (like account
period)?

If you move the non-zero balance accounts from the original tree (so
only 7 subaccounts remaining) -> does this bring the wanted result?

Regs,
Carsten