Balance date question

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 20 11:15:58 EDT 2012

Hi,

kmash <kmash.regs0 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi people,
>
> That could be a stupid question but I'd really like to be sure.
> Generating balance sheet report with date, say, 2012-12-31. Ok, what time
> does it imply?
> Is it 23:59:59? Or 00:00:00?
> Same applies to 'Tools/Close book' feature.
>
> I suppose it is always end of the day (23:59:59), right?

Actually, I think it might use noon, but I'm not 100% sure; I'd have to
look at the code.  It's a standard time that is used throughout.

The Close Book adds 1 second to that time.  So it will always display as
that day, but not get chosen as that day.

The fact that there is a time at all in the 'post date' field has been a
major issue for years.  :(