Need a Snapshot Report

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Tue Aug 21 16:41:19 EDT 2012

>Here's what I have finally done, though I think there will be potential
>problems in the future in how I retain money from previous months for
>purchases in future months.

What I suggest is that you:

a) Try the "Income Statement" report.
b) You will need to play around a bit with the "options". But once you
have learned how to use this report you will not have to deal with
things like "previous balance". The report will only consider
transactions within the specified interval. But to repeat, you will need
to learn how to set "start date" and "end date". The report will all by
itself generate a line for the (prospective) change to equity. That's
the net gain or loss for the interval which gets closed to equity when
and if you do a "close the books" operation.

c) Money set aside for a future expense is a whole other kettle of fish.
Are you keeping books "cash" or "accrual"?

Michael