proper way to handle credit/paypal charges?

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Wed Aug 22 19:04:42 EDT 2012

On Wed 22 August 12 16:44:14 Steven Stern wrote:
> I'm now sending out invoices with the option to pay normally (mail me a
> check) or to pay via paypal. I don't know, until the payment arrives,
> how it the invoice will be paid.
>
> When the invoice arrives and I go to Business > Customer > Payments, how
> do I account for the difference between what I billed and what I got
> (billing less paypal fees)?

Hi Steven,

This is a bit of a kludge, but it works....

1. process payment normally, for the full invoice amount

2. open the "other" account for the payment (which will probably be something
like checking) and hand-edit the payment txn to add a slpit for
"expenses:paypalfee", and adjust the checking balance down accordingly.

HTH,
Maf.