aqbanking crashing gnucash when downloading Citi credit card transactions

Frank Santoro frankvsantoro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 00:49:37 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am running gnucash 2.4.10 on xubuntu 12.04.  I access the data on several
different machines (all running xubuntu) so I store my gnucash data files
in dropbox.  I also got tired of setting up aqbanking on each new machine
so I also copied the data from my /home/.aqbanking/ directory to dropbox so
that I could use the OFX backend on each new machine without going through
the daemon setup process.

So far so good, except for on the newest machine I'm having trouble
downloading my Citi credit card transactions.  When I try to download
transactions (Actions>Online Actions>Get Transactions), something odd
happens.  When I am asked whether to accept the certificate from the OFX
server, the "Yes" button is not just greyed out, it's obliterated.
(screenshot at http://postimage.org/image/aav4mdmof/)  If I click on what
should be the "Yes" button, aqbanking and gnucash crash.

I haven't figured out how to get the ofx.log file to appear (maybe because
I don't know how to set an environment variable in xubuntu) but the last
line of the /tmp/gnucash.trace file is:

CRIT <Gtk> IA__gtk_text_view_scroll_to_mark: assertion `within_margin >=
0.0 && within_margin < 0.5' failed

This only happens with Citi.  Discover and Schwab Bank transactions
download fine.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks
Frank