aqbanking crashing gnucash when downloading Citi credit card transactions

Martin Preuss martin at aquamaniac.de
Thu Aug 23 16:31:01 EDT 2012

Hi,

this might be a bug in the GTK implementation of the AqBanking dialog
framework. I will look into that this weekend, but first I need some
information:
- what version of libgwenhywfar are you using?
- could you generate a log setting the environment variable
"GWEN_LOGLEVEL=debug"?

You could do this by starting gnucash from within a console (xterm or
whatever):

GWEN_LOGLEVEL="debug" gnucash

or in two lines:

export GWEN_LOGLEVEL=debug
gnucash

The output generated might contain sensible information, so you might
want to look through it before sending it directly to my email address
(not to any list).

Regards
Martin

Am 23.08.2012 06:49, schrieb Frank Santoro:
> Hello,
>
> I am running gnucash 2.4.10 on xubuntu 12.04.  I access the data on several
> different machines (all running xubuntu) so I store my gnucash data files
> in dropbox.  I also got tired of setting up aqbanking on each new machine
> so I also copied the data from my /home/.aqbanking/ directory to dropbox so
> that I could use the OFX backend on each new machine without going through
> the daemon setup process.
>
> So far so good, except for on the newest machine I'm having trouble
> downloading my Citi credit card transactions.  When I try to download
> transactions (Actions>Online Actions>Get Transactions), something odd
> happens.  When I am asked whether to accept the certificate from the OFX
> server, the "Yes" button is not just greyed out, it's obliterated.
> (screenshot at http://postimage.org/image/aav4mdmof/)  If I click on what
> should be the "Yes" button, aqbanking and gnucash crash.
>
> I haven't figured out how to get the ofx.log file to appear (maybe because
> I don't know how to set an environment variable in xubuntu) but the last
> line of the /tmp/gnucash.trace file is:
>
> CRIT <Gtk> IA__gtk_text_view_scroll_to_mark: assertion `within_margin >=
> 0.0 && within_margin < 0.5' failed
>
> This only happens with Citi.  Discover and Schwab Bank transactions
> download fine.
>
> Any suggestions would be welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

"Things are only impossible until they're not"

AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/