Explicitly confirmed file save when using sqlite file format

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Sun Aug 26 14:49:28 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have been using sqlite format files for a few tests and noticed that
GnuCash does not ask me whether or not I want to save changes when I
close the program.
Also, the periodic auto-save question does not pop up either. All
changes seem to be stored right away.
I thought the reason for this was some setting in my installation, but
when I used an XML file for another test, the question "do you want to
save" popped up again when I closed the program.

Is there a way make GnuCash bahave the same way when using sqlite as
when using XML files? Meaning to not save all changes right away when
working with sqlite, so in case I mess up something, I can just close
without saving and reopen the file?
Or do I need to make a backup of my file before I start working on it?

Thanks,

Mark