Credit card/overdraft credit limit & available funds?

prl prl at ozemail.com.au
Sun Aug 26 20:59:26 EDT 2012

I disagree about my motivation. I used the term "available funds" quite
deliberately. My bank labels that information as "available balance" in
my online banking access. I'm not sure why you seem to think that
because I want to have GnuCash tell me how much more I can draw on a
line of credit that I'm confusing liabilities and assets. I can assure
you that my credit card accounts are set up as liabilities in GnuCash.

All I want is the ability for GnuCash to tell me the difference between
the balance in my credit card account and some fixed limit. I can't see
how that suggests confusion about what assets and liabilities are.

Using a tracking account as you suggest is probably a more flexible way
of doing what I want than what I had in mind for it.