reports without decimals?

Francois de Ryckel ifitwalazambia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 02:33:09 EDT 2012

> Yes I know you might be required to file with governmental agencies on a
> "whole dollar" (or whatever) basis. But that does not mean you should keep
> your books that way. Just because A + B = C does NOT mean that rounded(A) +
> rounded(B) = rounded (C). You are going to have enough trouble with just
> the limited fudging which might become necessary in your tax filings. You
> do NOT want to have the zillion OOB (out of balance) errors you would get
> if all your amounts were rounded as entered and you would be doing one heck
> of a lot of fudging amounts.
> Michael

Hi Mike,
I agree with you that there is no need to fudge around with decimals in the
account.  That said, I'm just talking about report generation - report that
would be just for my own sake or the one of my accountant.
Thanks for sharing your experience with rounding issues.... very useful!
Best
Martin