reports without decimals?

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Aug 27 12:04:34 EDT 2012

>>Hi Derek,
>>I now understand that this is due to my currency.  Although I'm not able to
>>program, wouldn't it be possible to implement as an option the number of
>>decimals or significant figure we want to display in a report.  I'm not sure
>>if this is easy to implement or not, but shouldn't the report generation have
>>that option?

I've said this before, but .......

Isn't this really more properly a question about whether appropriate for
the gnucash team to include a FULL CAPABILITY EDITOR or whether
considering that editors already exist, it be left to "afterwards" to
edit the reports into their final form for submission to whomever rather
than reinvent the wheel.

It might make little sense to ask about each and every possible form of
editing people might want as separate "missing from gnucash" issues. No
matter how many of these the developers addressed there would always be
more possibilities that they left out. The lack isn't that gnucash can't
satisfy this or that particular editing request but that it doesn't
support editing "in general".

Ask your accountant (who could be yourself wearing a different hat).
Given the "raw" reports out of gnucash, how would you use your favorite
editor to produce the final product.

Michael