Importing transactions from other gnucash files

Mark msalists at gmx.net
Mon Aug 27 16:48:21 EDT 2012

Hello again,

I am trying to figure out a way to "merge" two files, or importing some
accounts or transactions from one gnucash file to another.

I have old transactions in one file that I downloaded through HBCI
online banking. A lot of other accounts in that file are messed up, though.
So I am thinking to start over, import the last 6 months online
available transactions and then somehow load some of the older good
transactions from the old file into the new one, so that I have
everything back until the beginning of the year.
I don't know how to load the old transactions in though... Can I somehow
export them out of the old file and inport them into the new one?

What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks,

Mark