GC 2.4.11 fails to launch (Windows XP)

Mark markbruurmijn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 19:21:51 EDT 2012

Dear all,

Today I installed GnuCash version 2.4.11 (Dutch version) under Windows XP
(English version). I'm new to GnuCash, so I didn't have any older version
installed. Unfortunately it generates an error during launch. I can see the
splash screen and a glimpse of the Tip of the day screen, but with the
progress bar at 0% it will generate the standard Windows error "gnucash.exe
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience."

Of course, I tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the software, but
that didn't solve the problem.

Am I missing some files or is there something else I can try?

Thanks in advance for your help,
With kind regards,
Mark