krb5_32.dll error

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 1 23:11:32 EST 2012

On 12/1/2012 8:14 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2012, at 6:34 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> David Kruss <drkruss at yahoo.com> writes:
>>
>>> I'm getting an error every time I try to bring up gnucash on my windows
>>> XP machine: 'This application has failed to start because krb5_32.dll
>>> was not found...' When I click 'ok' everything seems to work so this is
>>> just an annoyance.  It began a couple of weeks ago (I've been using
>>> gnucash for many years).  I saw the post in 2009 discussing the cause;
>>> but what is the fix?  I tried reinstalling gnucash to the latest release but it hasn't helped.
>> I know of no reason that gnucash should depend upon Kerberos.
> It's getting pulled in by pgsql.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I must have fallen asleep somewhere along the line.  I thought that to
use any of the supported SQL filetypes a user had to do some preparation
first, such as installing and configuring a database server.  Now there
is nothing about that in the help manual, Tutorial or FAQ.

If pgsql is included in the Windows install, do I just select Save as...
Postgres?  Is that true also for Linux and Mac?

David C