krb5_32.dll error

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Dec 2 01:54:34 EST 2012

On Dec 1, 2012, at 8:11 PM, David Carlson <carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/1/2012 8:14 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>> On Nov 28, 2012, at 6:34 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I know of no reason that gnucash should depend upon Kerberos.
>> It's getting pulled in by pgsql.
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>
> I must have fallen asleep somewhere along the line.  I thought that to
> use any of the supported SQL filetypes a user had to do some preparation
> first, such as installing and configuring a database server.  Now there
> is nothing about that in the help manual, Tutorial or FAQ.
>
> If pgsql is included in the Windows install, do I just select Save as...
> Postgres?  Is that true also for Linux and Mac?

No, you still need a running pgsql server to talk to. Pgsql.dll is the client-side code, depended upon by libdbd-driver.

On Linux, the distribution's package manager supplies libdbi. On a mac, if you want to use pgsql or mysql you have to build your own dbd-driver package for it.

Regards,
John Ralls