Transaction Rpt Running Balance

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 10 11:06:06 EST 2012

Hi,

"Chris Good" <chris.good at ozemail.com.au> writes:

> Is there a way to get a Running Balance on a Transaction Report like the
> Balance column when you open an account that includes subaccounts by using
> 'Open Subaccounts'?
>
> Everything way I've tried, the Balance column value is from the subaccount,
> not a Running Balance of the transactions reported.

That is correct, the balance in the report is showing the entry in the
Split's Balance field, which is the Split's Account Balance when in
Register Sort Order.  It is not computed on the fly, and does not
intermingle with multiple accounts.

> I've tried using a common Account Code on all the sub accounts in the parent
> account, and making the Primary Key Account Code, but the Balance column
> still shows the subaccount balance.

This begs the question of why subaccount transactions are being
intermingled?