Transaction Rpt Running Balance

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 11 03:10:18 EST 2012

Hi Derek,

The sub accounts are being intermingled because my wife & I keep track of our individual equity within each bank account. This way we know how much we have to spend and don't have to be worried about upsetting the other partner by spending money on something the other may not wish to. So each bank account has a sub account for each person and every transaction is allocated or split  against the sub accounts and not the bank account itself. There is also a sub account 'joint' for regular joint expenses like council fees & groceries.

Each month after entering the credit card statement we do a report on the balance of the sub accounts in the credit card, and do transfers from the savings account to the credit card to pay off the credit card. We have a scheduled monthly transfer within the savings account that moves a budgeted amount from our personal sub accounts to the joint sub account.

We don't have separate bank accounts to avoid bank fees for low balance accounts.
If anyone can suggest another way of doing this, I'd be interested to hear.

Regards,

Chris Good