Canadian Stock & Mutual Fund Quotes Not Working

Glen Ditchfield GJDitchfield at acm.org
Sun Dec 30 10:23:00 EST 2012

TriciaG wrote:
> Windows 7, GnuCash 2.4.11, downloaded yesterday and setting up as a
> possible substitute for Quicken. ...
>
> Problem: I set up some stocks and mutual funds for quote updates, but they
> aren't found. My US stocks work fine, but nothing Canadian.

For what it's worth, I can retrieve IGM stock prices with GnuCash 2.4.10 and
Linux. The security's Edit dialog for the quote says its Symbol/abbreviation
is IGM.TO, the Type is AMEX, and the quote soure is Yahoo USA.  I don't
remember how I set it up, but I remember it being fussy; I think the ".TO"
suffix was important.