active tab color

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Fri Feb 3 06:19:27 EST 2012

Op donderdag 2 februari 2012 20:38:57 schreef Dustin Henning:
> 	If you're using Windows XP, the MS-Windows theme appears to use the
> highlight color on the inactive tabs and not the active tab (wich makes the
> active tab a different color).  I am only guessing it is the highlight
> color.  I know that my inactive tabs all turned black (and the text was
> black, no good for me).  I thought the active tab was a different color with
> the default theme on 2.4.9, but maybe not on 2.4.7, which runs an older
> version of gtk (or something), but I could be wrong on that.  I think the
> default theme is called Nimbus on 2.4.9, don't know what it was on 2.4.7.
> Dustin

The fact that your inactive tabs turn black is due to a bug in the original
default Gtk theme on Windows (this theme is called MS-Windows). There are
other bugs in this theme, so the GnuCash developers decided a while ago to
change the default theme to Nimbus, which doesn't exhibit these problems. But
the developers can only set a default theme. If someone chose another theme
via the Gtk Theme Selector application, the default theme is ignored.

Additionally, GnuCash 2.4.10 will ship with a more recent Gtk version in which
many of the problems with the MS-Windows theme have been resolved. So GnuCash
could probably switch back to that theme as default. Or you can use the Gtk
Theme Selector application to change it yourself.

Note: all this info is only relevant for Windows. These problems didn't exist
on linux or Mac OS X.

Geert