Add report

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Fri Feb 3 13:39:48 EST 2012

Garey Beck wrote:

>I am using version 2.4.8 on Windows Vista. When I customize the Balance
>Sheet report to show the previous month, the add report option is not
>available. I need to save this as a custom report because the IRS requires a
>church to print this out on a monthly and yearly basis.

Maybe confusion about the best way to go about this?

a) You don't need to "save" a Balance Sheet report to be able to produce
one for any date you wish. That's the SAME report with only the
effective date changed. If you have the report for date X, from in that
report select edit => options and change the date. In other words, you
can always produce a Balance Sheet for any date so if you lost what you
had printed out you can "rerun" the report (for the date you want). That
the report has a default of "current date" doesn't mean that's the date
you have to use.

b) If you want the reports for each month so that you can print them
later, after running the report use "export" to get it sent to some
folder. That's what I do for the organizations for which I am treasurer.
You are going to want them out there in some format that you can edit if
you need to add notes to the report. In other words, if you export them
as html you might want to go into that and copy the contents to some
format you can edit (with your favorite editor).

Michael D Novack