GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 01:46:55 EST 2012

PS I'm using GnuCash 2.4.7. The FAQs include...

 2.6.9 Q: GnuCash crashes when I run a Custom Report saying something about
a Stack Overflow. What does this mean?

...but this refers to a Stack Overflow, and the problem was apparently
solved as from version 2.0. I tried deleting ~/.gnucash/saved-reports-2.4,
but this didn't resolve the issue.

Having deleted the Custom Report I'd created, I find I can't use
Reports=>Account Summary any more - when I close its window, GnuCash closes
at once, without any error message, and leaving the lock files in place.

I've also noticed that if I open GnuCash and Reports=>Account Summary and
then close GnuCash, it appears to close in the normal way, but when I start
GnuCash again, the lock files are present, and when I opt to Open Anyway the
Account Summary tab is present at start-up.

I'm not aware of having done anything unusual with my GnuCash installation
recently, apart from the attempt to produce a customised version of the
Account Summary.