GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Mon Feb 6 10:17:16 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 05:37:26AM -0800, foxylady337 wrote:

> I fear that a new version of GnuCash won't solve my problem - given that
> it's probably a routine update of Ubuntu 10.04 which caused it in the first
> place, rather than a fault which has suddenly appeared in GnuCash 2.4.7
> after 8 months of satisfactory performance. I re-installed the same
> (Ubuntu-supported) version of GnuCash in case I'd somehow corrupted
> some
> part of the product, but got exactly the same error.

How did you get GnuCash 2.4.7 on your 10.04 LTS system?  I have the
same OS, and the version of GnuCash on it is 2.2.9.  Indeed, I had a
catastrophic system failure last fall, and found that I couldn't move
the 2.2.9 xml files I had onto a more recent (11.10) Ubuntu release
using 2.4.x .  I'm still closing up the financial year, so I haven't
followed up to see whether this is an Ubuntu problem or a GnuCash
problem.  I have a feeling it has something to do with Ubuntu and its
slightly strange ways, but it's hard to be sure.

Best,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com