GNUCash Crashing following editing of Account Summary

foxylady337 hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 17:56:14 EST 2012

First of all, here's the output from the first command I used to build the
trunk:

michael at Linley6:~/development/gnucash$ sudo aptitude build-dep gnucash
[sudo] password for michael:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initialising package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
  guile-1.6-dev
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  guile-1.8 guile-1.8-dev libgmp3-dev{u} libgmpxx4ldbl{u}
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/504kB of archives. After unpacking 2,372kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] y
Writing extended state information... Done
(Reading database ... 477691 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing guile-1.8-dev ...
Removing guile-1.8 ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/guile-1.6 to provide /usr/bin/guile
(guile) in auto mode.
Removing libgmp3-dev ...
Removing libgmpxx4ldbl ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
Selecting previously deselected package guile-1.6-dev.
(Reading database ... 477472 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking guile-1.6-dev (from .../guile-1.6-dev_1.6.8-10_i386.deb) ...
Setting up guile-1.6-dev (1.6.8-10) ...
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initialising package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done

michael at Linley6:~/development/gnucash$

I think you'll see why I thought that guile-1.8 was being removed, and
guile-1.6 substituted for it.

Next, I'll work on the assumption that I go through the same procedure as I
did for building the trunk, except that the command which goes...

svn co http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk gnucash

...should be replaced with...

svn co http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/2.4/ gnucash

...to get the most recent stable version of 2.4.