GnuCash Forum

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 7 10:30:28 EST 2012

Priya,
Please remember to CC the gnucash-user mailing list on ALL your replies
using your mailer's reply-to-list or reply-all functionality.  This way
other people can respond to your querries in a more timely manner!

priya sharma <sharma.priya6979 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Yes I have read all that but i don,t understand which transactions are
> transferred in checking account.

GnuCash is a model of real-life financial transactions.  You would enter
transactions into GnuCash to record real-world transfers.  So when you
write a check off your checking account, or make an ATM withdrawal, or
any other transaction of that sort, that would imply a transaction from
your Checking Account to the associated other account
(e.g. Expenses:Groceries, or Assets:Cash on Hand, or wherever you
sent/spent the money).

If you still don't understand this even after you've read the full
Concepts & Tutorial guide, then I highly recommend you sit down with an
accountant or an accounting-101 book to learn basic accounting.

Good Luck,

> Priya Sharma

-derek

PS:  PLEASE CC THE LIST ON ALL REPLIES USING YOUR MAILER'S REPLY-TO-LIST
OR REPLY-ALL FUNCTIONALITY!