How to print VAT rates on the invoices

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 07:57:13 EST 2012

On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:08:45 +0100
William Anderle <william.anderle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
> thanks for the prompt reply.
>
> The code in my invoice.scm, easy-invoice.scm, fancy invoice.scm is
> slightly different than yours:

SNIP

> My early report is the following:
> -Now both Invoices and Bills shows the VAT Rate;
> -There is a little eye-candy bug, which I try to explain with the
> following to images.
>
> Now, the Tax Rate column (in my language, named "Imponibile") is
> shown like this:
> http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3926/billactualprintwithtaxr.png
>
> It would be good to format the Tax Rate column like all the others,
> by putting the text on the right;
> moreover, if possible it would be nice to add the kind of VAT rate
> next to it (in my case, the % symbol), like shown in the image below.
> http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6289/billprintwithtaxratelik.png

The text in the column is the name in the tax table, so if you've
called it 20% then that's what will be printed.  Mine are "VAT 20%" etc.

As for alignment, see below for a updated code block.

      (if (tax-col column-vector)
        (addto! row-contents
          (gnc:make-html-table-cell/markup
            "number-cell" ;; For right alignment
             (if invoice? ;; Or cust-doc? for svn/trunk version
              (if (gncEntryGetInvTaxable entry) (gncTaxTableGetName (gncEntryGetInvTaxTable entry)) "")
              (if (gncEntryGetBillTaxable entry) (gncTaxTableGetName (gncEntryGetBillTaxTable entry)) "")
             )
       )))

Regarding the "if invoice?" v's "if cust-doc?".

I am using the latest source and some variable names have changed in the latest code.

> I'll have to use GnuCash for a while,
> I'll report you if I discover additional problems about this piece of
> code.
>
> Best regards
>
> William Anderle
>

> Il 08/02/2012 18:53, Mike Evans ha scritto:
> > On Wed, 08 Feb 2012 10:39:30 +0100
> > William Anderle<william.anderle at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> Hello everybody
> >> I'd need help with a function of GnuCash
> >> Please not that I'm not a programmer, neither an accounting expert,
> >> so excuse me if my terms aren't perfect.
> >>
> >> I'm trying testing GnuCash on a little Italian business, to see if
> >> it could be a suitable accounting program.
> >>
> >> As far as I see, it lacks a very important function which my client
> >> (and I suppose many others) absolutely needs:
> >> the ability to print on the invoices the VAT rate applied on the
> >> individual terms.
> >>
> >> I try to be more clear:
> >> -when I insert the data into the invoices, I'm able to chose
> >> different VAT rates (eg., 10% on manpower, 20% on goods and so on);
> >> -when I print the invoice, the final sum is correct; however, the
> >> print page rather than than the different VAT rates just shows a
> >> "T" which means "taxable".
> >> Please take a look at the image below to better understand what I
> >> mean: http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3516/gnucashproblem2.jpg
> >>
> >> Is it possibile to print the VAT rate rather than just a "T"?
> >> If yes, how?

SNIP