How to print VAT rates on the invoices

William Anderle william.anderle at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 09:14:16 EST 2012

Hi Mike,
I've just tested the new code.

Taxable value is now printed appropriately on the right,
as shown in this screenshot below:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3421/properlyformatted.png

However,
I don't understand what you mean by "The text in the column is the name
in the tax table"

I try to explain myself with this other screenshot:
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1913/howtogettype.png

Within the Tax Table, I can insert just a number as a value;
This value, can be of different kinds, which I have to choose within the
"Type" field:
it could be a percent %, euro €, dollar $ or else.

In theory,
when I print the invoices and/or bills, the "taxable" column should show
the VAT rate *value* and the Vat rate *type*,
taken automatically from the "Tax Table Entry".

Am I wrong?

Thanks for support.
Best regards

William Anderle

Il 09/02/2012 13:57, Mike Evans ha scritto:

SNIP
> The text in the column is the name in the tax table, so if you've
> called it 20% then that's what will be printed.  Mine are "VAT 20%" etc.
>
> As for alignment, see below for a updated code block.
>
>        (if (tax-col column-vector)
>          (addto! row-contents
>            (gnc:make-html-table-cell/markup
>              "number-cell" ;; For right alignment
>               (if invoice? ;; Or cust-doc? for svn/trunk version
>                (if (gncEntryGetInvTaxable entry) (gncTaxTableGetName (gncEntryGetInvTaxTable entry)) "")
>                (if (gncEntryGetBillTaxable entry) (gncTaxTableGetName (gncEntryGetBillTaxTable entry)) "")
>               )
>         )))
>

> Regarding the "if invoice?" v's "if cust-doc?".
>
> I am using the latest source and some variable names have changed in the latest code.
SNIP