New customer is not a company

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 11 11:40:12 EST 2012

Hi,

Again, PLEASE REMEMBER TO CC THE LIST ON ALL REPLIES.  It's really easy!
Just use your mailer's Reply-To-List or Reply-All feature instead of
hitting "Reply".  This way other people can chime in and help you in a
more timely manner!

lee johnson <neighborlee at gmail.com> writes:

> Well that's a bit weird, why does gnucash assume its all business to
> business, and can this be changed in settings ?

No, it cannot be changed in settings.  It assumes it because that's how
it was implemented.  The workaround is as I mentioned before -- to just
enter the person's name as both the "Company" and the Contact.  You can
just cut-and-paste if you don't want to actually type it a second time.
Just ignore the word "Customer" in the framing.

> No where on the main page, do I see anything about this, or did I just
> miss some obscure manual statement ?

What main page?

> Either way, I don't like being forced to enter something that is not
> true, so Ill find another program, thanks ;)

Choosing a program is your prerogative, but you'll find that GnuCash is
one of the best applications out there, warts and all.  If you're going
to throw out the baby with the bath water that's your choice if you
can't overlook a (quite minor!) wart.

> cheers
> lee

-derek