Can't run 2.4.10 (was: GnuCash 2.4.10 released)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 11 14:40:10 EST 2012

On Feb 11, 2012, at 9:13 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> Op zaterdag 11 februari 2012 08:50:24 schreef John Ralls:

>>> OK, I just tagged r21977 as 2.4.10-1, and I'll replace the download on
>>> SF and uptdate the website pointers tomorrow morning after it builds.
>> And it tried to build and failed in MinGW. Can someone with shell access
>> have a look and relaunch it?
>>
> I was just looking into it.
>
> The cause of the failure confuses me. The mingw test tries to run g++ and
> mingw32-make. Both of them are part of the mingw installation and this should
> fail if mingw isn't installed. Since the mingw mount point is changed just
> before this to an non-existing directory, running g++ and mingw32-make should
> fail, but for some reason it doesn't.
>
> Hence the script assumes mingw is installed and continues but fails a bit
> later because it can't find one of mingw's libraries. So it seems that a tag
> build picks up another mingw somewhere. I haven't figured out where that might
> come from.
>
> Anyway, I managed to work around this by manually setting the mingw mountpoint
> before calling "build_package.sh 2.4.10-1"
>
> The build is running now. We'll see if it succeeds.

It seems to have failed in MinGW again, this time while trying to extract binutils for mingw.

Is there any discernible difference between a release build and a nightly besides the filename? Maybe I could just take yesterday's nightly, change the filename, and put *that* up on SF.

Regards,
John Ralls