Can't run 2.4.10 (was: GnuCash 2.4.10 released)

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Sat Feb 11 14:47:04 EST 2012

On Sat, February 11, 2012 2:40 pm, John Ralls wrote:

> It seems to have failed in MinGW again, this time while trying to extract
> binutils for mingw.
>
> Is there any discernible difference between a release build and a nightly
> besides the filename? Maybe I could just take yesterday's nightly, change
> the filename, and put *that* up on SF.

Yes, there is.  A Release build rebuilds all the dependencies from
scratch, whereas the nightly build does not.  This means that generally
the nightly build will not update dependencies automatically, so might be
using older deps.  Unless, of course, the build script checks the version
#, which it might for some packages but probably not for all.

We should figure out why the tag build is failing.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745