Compression

Dustin Henning The00Dustin at gmx.net
Sun Feb 12 00:56:03 EST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of
Dustin Henning
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2012 05:39
Cc: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org
Subject: RE: Compression

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+the00dustin=gmx.net at gnucash.org] On Behalf Of
Michael Leone
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 22:49
Cc: gnucash-user at lists.gnucash.org

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM, Dustin Henning <The00Dustin at gmx.com> wrote:
>        I tried searching nabble, but I'm not familiar with nabble, so
> I could have been doing it wrong.  Regardless, searching "GnuCash gzip"
> returned way too much nonsense.  I believe I read that the GnuCash XML
> file is compressed with GZip and this can be turned off.  I don't want
> to turn it off, but I have found that when I decompress the file to
> edit the XML and

Why are you hand-editing the file at all? What are you trying to accomplish
that can not be done using the program interface?

<snip>

Just for the record, another reason I am considering hand editing the file
again is because I have a couple securities that I tied the wrong income
account to, and I haven't found those links in the GUI.
Dustin