Accounting period and Trial Balance

David Love tenfoot.albert.victor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:05:31 EST 2012

I have recently started to use GnuCash and Imported a .qif account
from another program.  This was successfully and shows my accounts
from 01.04.2007 to the present date.

However,two questions:

(1)  How do I set the beginning/end of the financial year.  In my case
it is from 01 April  to 31 Mar the following year.  The Preference
menu does not appear to cover for this type of entry.

(2)  Any Trial Balance I generate includes the TOTAL accounts (from
01/04/2007 to 13/02/2012.  How do I generate a Trial Balance for one
specific year, e.g. 01/04/2010  to 31/03/2011?