custom templates + special invoice terms

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 15 11:07:09 EST 2012

Zeev Pekar <z.pekar at gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 10:03 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

>> > It's not /etc/gnucash/config, but /etc/gnucash/environment.
>> > The parameters to set are LANG and/or LANGUAGE. There are example settings in
>> > the file.
>>
>> You can also set the LANG (and/or LANGUAGE) environment variable on
>> Linux:
>>
>>    env LANG=fr gnucash
>
> Should I write this in terminal?

Yes, this would be your Linux command-line to run gnucash in french.
Fill in the blanks for your own language.

> And what about this?
>
> 3) We have here some special terms for invoices - 30+ and 60+.
>
> 30+ means that once you hand over the invoice you have to wait until the
> end of the current month and then one more month, e.g. if you create
> invoice on 12 of January you should get your money on 1 March.
>
> 60+ means that once you hand over the invoice you have to wait until the
> end of the current month and then two more months, e.g. if you create
> invoice on 22 of January you should get your money on 1 April.
>
> The idea behind these terms is that one knows that only on 1 of each
> months he has to pay and can relax the rest of the month.
>
> Is there a way to implement this in GnuCash without touching source
> code? If no, how high are the chances for this to implemented if I file
> a feature request?

As has already been answered, you can try the Proximo feature.  I do not
know if it will handle 60+ as opposed to 30+.  It's been over a decade
since I wrote that code, and I never used it myself.