Compression

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 15 11:13:00 EST 2012

Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> writes:

> That message you got ("This file/URL appears to be from a newer
> version of GnuCash. You must upgrade your version of GnuCash to work
> with this data.") is from an update I put in just recently. You don't
> say but, because of this, I assume you are using gnucash version
> 2.4.10 on your Windows platform. However, I don't understand why you
> would get that particular message under these circumstances.

This begs the question:  why was this code back-ported to 2.4 when we
already had the feature-table backported to 2.4?  We should've just kept
this code in 2.6 and we could use the feature table to signify to 2.4
that the file cannot be loaded.

Clearly this code hasn't been tested enough...  (No Offense)