Windows: Start menu item vanished

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Wed Feb 22 04:19:14 EST 2012

Windows XP-SP3; Gnucash currently 2.4.10 but see below ...

I have just noticed that my machine no longer has a "Start menu item" for
Gnucash. I can't remember which version I began with (2.2.something) and
I have installed (almost?) every subsequent new version. Somewhere along
the line the Start menu item, which I know was there originally (because
that's where one goes to install Online Price Retrieval), has vanished.

I am quite certain I have done nothing intentionally to remove it.

I don't particularly want it back, but if this is happening to other
people then the Windows-specific instructions for installing
Finance-Quote (aka Online Price Retrieval) may need attention.

Would any other Windows users in a similar situation (i.e. after many
upgrades) care to comment?