Customer / vendor reports.

Arne Hanssen lists at tuxic.net
Thu Feb 23 16:19:55 EST 2012

Den 23. feb. 2012 16:03, skrev Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> Arne Hanssen<lists at tuxic.net>  writes:
>
>> Den 21. feb. 2012 23:10, skrev Derek Atkins:
> [snip]
>>>
>>> Have you tried the aging reports?
>>
>> Yes, but those is not what I need.  As stated, I need a report for
>> each candidate with a non-zero balance OR that had transactions during
>> the period (normally last year, right now: year 2011).  Selecting them
>> manually is too cumbersome and errorprone (and the result isn't pretty
>> either, but that's a minor concern).
>
> Did you try to set the report options to display zero-balance customers?
> The report clearly gives you the former.

No it doesn't, does it?  The aging report shows aging, not listing of
transactions as the Customer (vendor) report does (but only for the
customer / vendor I manually select).  I'm sorry if I have been unclear
on this:  I do not want two reports, only one (well, one for all
customers and one for all vendors/suppliers, which technically is two).
  These existing reports for customer and vendor is good enough if it
could select all interesting candidates (as described above) automatically.

> The latter might be a little
> more challenging.  I suspect your best option might require some small
> modifications to the aging reports to limit the zero-balances only to
> those with transactions within the required timeframe.

To me it seems like the existing customer and vendor reports should be
better canditates for modifications if I could make them do what I want
instead of printing only one customer/vendor at a time.  But
unfortunately I do not have any knowledge of the report engine.
Thanks for your input, however.  Much appreciated! :)

But it seems like there is something in the works according to this
response from Robert L. Brush III:

You might like the customer/vendor summary that is in development right
now, it is good to keep from forgetting anyone.  What happened
today/this week/this month or year is scheduled, but not in the works
just yet. A good report for sure!

I don't know when this is ready for release.  May be someone knows?

--
Vennlig hilsen / Best regards      |\     ___,,--,        _
Arne Hanssen, Senja, Norway        /,`--''        \-,,__,'/