Best way to query for checks?

dniezby daveniezby at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 17:11:14 EST 2012

I occurs to me that in this entire thread, no one has considered the reason
for me needing to search for a range of check numbers and I'm surprised that
no one has seemed to need it more.

I just wrote 10 checks to pay bills and other debts.

No I need to print them.  Rather than going through 10 individual checks or
amounts, I'd like to search for checks 2000 - 2010.  Then all one would do
is go to PRINT CHECKS and bam...problem solved.

That is NOT easy to do in this software at all and that is my point.  It
should be something simple.

Select the checks I want to print. I've never seen a financial management
software NOT have that feature.  All of the quickens have it, all of the MS
Money had it.  Heck, Versacheck has it...Every program I've ever seen has
it.

Even if you didn't write physical checks, you might still want to print hard
copies for your records of all the checks you've written (physical or
electronic) for the month.

Tracking numbers and confirmations would probably be better served by going
in the memo field anyway.

How about this?  What about adding a checkbox or some type of trigger that
allows the printing of selected checks?  That should be easy enough to add
no?

The user would select the items they wish to print (without performing a
search) then after the print is complete the trigger switched back to 0...

Just an idea.