Disposal of fixed asset

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Wed Feb 29 08:09:10 EST 2012

>You haven't actually made any 'profit' as you didn't sell it for more
>than 800.00.

Look, this is a perfect example why we should limit advice to "how to do
using gnucash" (as opposed to any other method of keeping books) rather
than what we should be doing. If this is business accounting, the rest
has been already deducted as an expense in prior years so yes, the
excess of sale price over remaining value is a profit, or more
precisely, a capital gain.

We should NOT be giving accounting/tax advice!

Michael