Incomes Statement Blank

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Jan 2 12:18:45 EST 2012

jwhit424 wrote:

>I was able to work around this by using the transaction report with a sorting
>primary key of Other Account Name.  No idea why the Income Statement does
>not work.  Thanks.

Would need more information to be able to help.

The "Income Statement" is another name for "Profit and Loss" (or
"Statement of Revenues" if a non-profit). It should show be showing the
balances of accounts of type income or expense as affected by the
specified time interval.

There are a number of possible reasons for it to "not work" (as
expected). The most obvious is no transactions affecting income of
expense accounts in the time interval.If you were expecting it to show
transactions (affecting income) rather than the account balances for the
interval then you misunderstood what this report is.

Michael