How to retrieve the account balance in scm?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jan 4 12:51:21 EST 2012

Hi,

casi <casi at maanreri.de> writes:

> Hi Derek,
>
> thanks for the quick reply. That helped!
>
> (gnc:debug
>   (let ((num (gnc:gnc-numeric-num (gnc:account-get-balance-at-date acct
> date-val #f)))
>         (denom (gnc:gnc-numeric-denom (gnc:account-get-balance-at-date
> acct date-val #f))))
>        (/ num denom 1.0)))
>
> and returns exactly what I want, for now.

FYI, this would be more efficient if you run:

  (gnc:debug
    (let* ((bal (gnc:account-get-balance-at-date acct date-val #f))
           (num (gnc:gnc-numeric-num bal))
           (denom (gnc:gnc-numeric-denom bal)))
         (/ num demon 1.0)))

This way you don't need to compute the balance multiple times.