Has anyone installed the GnucashEditor (view & edit GnuCash Files)?

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 7 12:52:59 EST 2012

The OP was asking about GnucashEditor and using it to close books. The plugin
for that, SplitterToolPlugin, takes a GnuCash file, and splits it into two,
replacing in one file the earlier transactions with a balancing transaction.
I haven't used it, and indeed don't intend to as it is documented as not
being tested with multiple currencies, but the discussion was, I believe,
related to that, and not the correct accounting methodology for opening new
books over fiscal periods.
I do believe that being able to archive old transactions, while maintaining
a useful history (e.g. one or two years) in the 'active' file would be very
useful.