Unable to relaunch GNUCASH

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 10 10:50:36 EST 2012

Hi,

grandy <mangesius at yahoo.com> writes:

> Greetings, and apologies if this is too much of a newbie question. I recently
> installed the program, like it a lot, set up the accounts, and put
> 3-months-worth of personal data on it already, but I am still quite
> unfamiliar with the program. The problem is that all files on my desktop got
> somehow deleted this weekend, and now when I try to launch the program i get
> the error message that the file cannot be found: I did the obvious, i.e.,
> tried to find it with 'Open', and tried to go 'File' and tried to relaunch
> all recent files from the drop-down, but with the same result. Is there a
> saved file that I can look for and copy to the Desktop, or is there another
> way? Thank you.

It sounds like your data file might have been deleted.  if so, I'm
afraid that your data is gone.  This would be just like what would
happen if you deleted file containing your word processing document that
had your Thesis..  If you delete the file, your data is gone.  Unless,
of course, you have file backups?

Alas, there is nothing GnuCash (or we) can do to keep your data if your
computer deletes it.

Sorry,