Unable to relaunch GNUCASH

grandy mangesius at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 9 08:25:59 EST 2012

Greetings, and apologies if this is too much of a newbie question. I recently
installed the program, like it a lot, set up the accounts, and put
3-months-worth of personal data on it already, but I am still quite
unfamiliar with the program. The problem is that all files on my desktop got
somehow deleted this weekend, and now when I try to launch the program i get
the error message that the file cannot be found: I did the obvious, i.e.,
tried to find it with 'Open', and tried to go 'File' and tried to relaunch
all recent files from the drop-down, but with the same result. Is there a
saved file that I can look for and copy to the Desktop, or is there another
way? Thank you.