Trial Balance Question.

David Bergum dib at red-sky.us
Tue Jan 10 14:52:47 EST 2012

I had been using the Trial Balance report just to get summation numbers for preparing taxes for our S Corp.  I just started in 2010, so the report worked fine for that year.  Now when I run it this year for the period 1/1/2011 to 12/31/2011, the totals include all the items from previous years, i.e., 2010.  I haven't closed my books at the end of the year, and it appears that the trial balance depends on closed books?  Or am I doing something wrong.  I can't find any option that adjusts the balance to only include the report period transactions.

Thanks, Dave