ERROR: 'There was an unknown error while retrieving the price quotes.'

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 14 10:46:11 EST 2012

You wouldn't happen to have more than one version of perl installed? It's a long shot, but it is easy to do if you use any of the package managers for other things on the mac. If gnc-fq-dump is using a perl that has f-q installed and gnucash itself finds the other version of perl, you might end up with that message.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net