Trouble Importing QIF to Gnucash 2.4.8

bper bperryman_us at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 16:39:50 EST 2012

Wow! Thanks for the quick response!

Derek Atkins-3 wrote

> The first line of a QIF file is supposed to be a "!Type" line, such as
> !Type:Bank or !Type:Account or something else.  If the first line is a
> Date Line (D01/01/2012) then yes, the file is technically malformed.  Just
> add a !Type:Bank as the first line of the file (assuming it's a set
> transactions from of bank account).

This file was not generated from a bank, but it was generated from
transactions from the financial package that I mentioned. Is there a
specific "!Type' specification that I should use? I guess I will have to
manually add these lines all the time with this version of the financial
package before importing into gnucash?

Thanks in advance for your help.