Trouble Importing QIF to Gnucash 2.4.8

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Jan 12 03:21:12 EST 2012

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:23:03 -0800 (PST)
bper <bperryman_us at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a financial package that exports data to .qif files. I am
> then trying to import the .qif into gnucash. The import fails at the
> first line which is probably a date the line reads:
>
> D01/01/2012
>
> The error generated by the import is:
>
> Line 1: File does not appear to be in QIF format: D01/01/2012
> Read aborted.
>
> Is there anything that I can do about this issue? Please, any help
> would be appreciated. Quicken 2001 recognizes this file and is able
> to import it with no problem. I would like to migrate from Quicken
> 2001 to Gnucash.

I know there are other replies...
"financial package" in line 3 .....will you still be using this in
future, or is this a one-off?
If this is one off then you import into Quicken 2001 and then re-export
If this is an ongoing problem, please listen to the other more erudite