Ignored Groups of Transactions from Investment Account

jrj127 jared.r.jones at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 12:37:52 EST 2012

I cannot pinpoint my problem to GnuCash or AqBanking so I thought I would
start with this forum.  I searched for this issue but did not see it
anywhere on Google.  I am evaluating GnuCash and KMyMoney to replace
Quicken.  I have a 401k account with Fidelity NetBenefits and finally got
the OFX connection to work.  I am able to download transactions from
Fidelity Investments accounts but not NetBenefits (they are different
servers).

My setup:
Kubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Oncelot)
gnucash-2.4.7-1
kmymoney-4.5.3-2
libaqbankingdata-5.0.14-1
libgwenhywfar60-4.1.0

I turned on the OFX logging for GnuCash (I didn't know how to debug with
KMyMoney) and received these messages from my NetBenefits account:

* 07:37:08  WARN <aqbanking> g_invtranlist.c:  119: Ignoring group [BUYMF]
* 07:37:08  WARN <aqbanking> g_invtranlist.c:  119: Ignoring group
[REINVEST]
* 07:37:08  WARN <aqbanking> g_invtranlist.c:  119: Ignoring group [SELLMF]
* 07:37:08  WARN <aqbanking> g_invpos.c:  124: Ignoring group [MEMO]

No transactions were posted into my ledger after this online update.  Is
this a limitation of the AqBanking OFX libraries or of GnuCash itself?  To
me, it looks like the open source alternatives are not ready for replacing
online updates of investment accounts with stocks, mutual funds, etc.  Is
this a correct assumption?  If true, I will have to keep using Quicken until
the investment account support matures.  I want complete automatic online
updates without parsing or manually importing files.

Thanks for any feedback,
Jared