Filter accounts in drop-down lists

Carsten Pohle cpohle at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 06:37:50 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm new to GnuCash and have just finished to set up a new accounts
framework based upon one of the default (German) SKR schemes.

I have disabled most of the default accounts by setting them to
"hidden". This works well up to the point when I try to enter a
transaction. In the account field, I get the full list of all accounts
as a dropdown. This is quite inconvenient. Is there a way to make the
popup list obey the "hidden" attributes defined in the account
definition together with the filter option?

Thanks and best regards

Carsten