Filter accounts in drop-down lists

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Jan 16 08:54:43 EST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, January 16, 2012 6:37 am, Carsten Pohle wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to GnuCash and have just finished to set up a new accounts
> framework based upon one of the default (German) SKR schemes.
>
> I have disabled most of the default accounts by setting them to
> "hidden". This works well up to the point when I try to enter a
> transaction. In the account field, I get the full list of all accounts
> as a dropdown. This is quite inconvenient. Is there a way to make the
> popup list obey the "hidden" attributes defined in the account
> definition together with the filter option?

Hidden only means "don't show in the Chart of Accounts".  The account is
still available for transactions, which is why it's still in the popup
list.  Mark the account as a placeholder and then it won't accept new
transactions and therefore wont appear in the popup list.

> Thanks and best regards
>
> Carsten

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745